Sunday, November 12, 2006

Christmas in November

On Friday, with the help of the Secondary Physical Education teacher, Rafael, I hauled home a large box overflowing with toys donated to the Morales kids from a generous co-worker, Ms. Mati.

The kids arrived around 8:00 pm and were playing soccer in our complex's small soccer field when I ran into them on my way to the market. I told them I had some gifts that they could check out when I returned.

They were very excited when they saw me 30 minutes later and they ran across the parking lot to help carry my bags and check out their new toys.

They immediately dumped the box out onto the floor and yelled, "Orale" or wow! They only had a few small squirmishes, but I explained that these were toys they were to share and there were plenty to go around.

They stuffed a few toys into their separate backpacks, which made me wonder how well they'd share with eachother, and managed to haul the box down the stairs. I asked them if they had to take a colectivo home and they said that they would take a taxi instead.

No comments: